FAQ: Transfer Domains
DnsExit FAQ: Transfer
What is a domain name transfer?
What does it cost?
Are there any requirements for making a transfer?
What is the procedure for a domain name transfer?
Do you refund my money if the transfer is unsuccessful?
What Is A Domain Name Transfer?
You may use the domain name
transfer process to submit request for a domain name transfer from
another registrar to DNS Exit. Transferring a domain name to DnsExit
means that you are choosing DNS Exit as the registrar of record for that
domain name, allowing you to use our Domain control panel to modify the domain's whois data and assigned name servers. You will also pay the domain's registration renewal fee to DNS Exit.
.Org, .Biz, .Info, .US domains are transferable to DnsExit.com.
The Transfer fee is $12.95 that includes extension of the domain
registration by 1 year. In the event that we are unable to transfer your domain,
you'll get full refund.
any requirements for making a transfer?
In order to transfer names to DNS Exit:
- You need to provide us the authorization
code (password) for the domain. The authorization is like the password for the domain and it can be obtained from the domain's current registrar.
- You need to unlock the domain to allow transferring to other registrar. The domain's current registrar should provide you interface to unlock the domain.
- We are unable
to process domain names that has expired
- If the domain was registered or transferred within the past 60
days, we may not actually submit the transfer until it has been 60 days.
- All domain names can only be registered for a term not to exceed 10 years.
the procedure for a domain name transfer?
- Submit a transfer request at DNS Exit web site and make the payment for the transfer fee.
- Provide us the authorization code of the domain and unlock the domain to make it transferable. Note: Both the auth code and domain unlocking should be done through the domain's current registrar..
- Our system will submit the transfer automatically after the domain has been unlocked and with correct authorization code.
- You will be notified
when the transfer is completed. You will be able to manage the domain through
DNSExit domain control panel after transfer has completed.
Note: the transfer process may take approximately 5 to 10 calendar days after
we initiate the transfer request.
you refund my money if the transfer is unsuccessful?